Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Picked up my GLA yesterday, first time I've ever had a crossover car (actually it's my first 4 door carin over20 years!)but so far I'm loving it.I didn't even know the GLA existed a two weeks ago, but I was taking my car in for service, saw one in the showroom and it was love at first sight.Might be an overkill of black and so a soab to keep clean but it lookedgreat when I collected it. He's hoping for a long and happy relationship...Hope to be able to contribute a bit to the forum once I've learned abit more about the GLA!

·
Registered
55 Posts
WOW! Welcome to the forum. I can see why you feel in love, it looks fab ...well mean :)

I guess you won't need to run it in then. Be careful; my 250 is a rocket so your AMG must be like a caged tiger!

Are you UK based, only I can't see tinted glass in the rear and I thought that was standard in the UK?

Edited by: roytheboy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! It's a bit like a giant go-kart lol. Many years ago I hadan imported R33 Nissan skyline and I remember driving it for the first time thinking that it was bonkers such a big car could feel so kart-like. The GLA gives me exactly the same feeling - it's just a bit higher and a bit more practical but stillchanges direction like a housefly. My only slight worry is that this was an ex-demo and has the AMG suspension onwhich does feel very firm,so I hopethat won't become tedious after a while on local roads :/ Definitely won't get fed up with the engine though, it's a hoot :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have Karted (lakeside) and done a little F3 in the past - along with the usual string of track days etc but never anything super competitive or serious. I went to school with the guy who own Lakesde Karting though so if you know him our paths may have crossed.. small world.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh andt does have rear tints, I think that although it looks like you can see through the glass it's actually a reflection of the wall behind :/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, right. I was a serious owner/driver karter for many years, racing Rotax Max all over the country until a recent spine op. However, Lakeside is geared up to corporate karting, not the serious stuff, so I never raced there nor know anyone from there. F3 must have been fun though - I haven't done that!

Meanwhile, back at the On-Topic farm, the first extra you'll want to get for your large-kart is a centre arm-rest caddy thing (£25) for holding your phone and coins etc. (very neat). There's a topic about it on this forum. Then you might want aluminum door pins, although I'm not fussed about them as the interior looks fab as it is :)

Edit: tints - oh, I see :)

Edited by: roytheboy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah cool. And thanks for the accessory tips, I'll check them out.F3 was great, but again I only did it recreationally. Driving with wings and slicks is a completely different experience as you have to get your head around getting more grip the faster you go...Had a go in F1 too once
, that made all road cars feel like milk floats

Edited by: Wiz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts