Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me! What do you think guys about "designo Magno mountain grey". I would like to buy my GLA with that color. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alex :)

Car paint colours are an entirely personal thing - everybody has different tastes. If you like that colour then buy that colour; what does it matter what others think? Are you buying the car to please them or you? Do you want to brashly stand out from the crowd (in which case go for red), do you want to conform with the norm (in which case go for mountain grey), or do you want to please yourself (in which case go for whatever colour you think looks good)?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I would like to know if somebody has it and what are the problems (if there are any) with this particular color (designo Magno mountain grey).

·
Registered
55 Posts
The only problems I can think of relate to how dirty a particular colour looks relative to other colours given the same amount of dirt. Black looks very dirty even with a light coating of dirt due to the lack of reflectiveness, which is very noticeable to the eye. White too looks dirty sooner than other colours but for different reasons (because of the contrast between the dirt and the white underneath it). The best colour to choose if lack of 'dirtiness' is your priority, is grey or silver, for each of the reasons above (reflectiveness and contrast).

Then there's safety. White is more noticeable to other motorists than black, but yellow or red is even more noticeable, and hence safer during daylight hours. Generally speaking, lighter colours are better than darker colours for safety.

Personally, I went for a silver GLA as it offers the best all-round compromise of safety and showing the dirt, plus it looks quite classy in my opinion. Had silver not been available, I would have chosen mountain grey ;)

Edited by: roytheboy

·
Registered
0 Posts
All the press pictures use this colour and I think they picked it because it suits the car really well. Personally I'm a fan of white but the grey does look good too IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a GLA45 in Mountain Grey.. I like the colour.. easy to clean!
I did think about the "Purple Haze" version but my other half said, "NO WAY".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a GLA AMG line in mountain grey with the night trim which adds 19" alloys in black with run flat tyres and replaces all the grey/silver trim with gloss black. Saw it in a showroom and bought it on the spot.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally I bought my gla with "designo Magno mountain grey" color. I will have my car (180 CDI - xenon lights - urban packet - reversing camera - active parking assist - fog lamps in front - anti theft packet) by the end of June they said. And 2 questions guy's. Where isthe gla's factory? In Germany or somewhere else in Europe? And from the exhaust pipes which one is working the left or the right?
Edited by: alex61

·
Registered
0 Posts
Rastatt in Germany.

Edited: Both exhausts look to be working (2 separate pipes come from the rear box). This is true for the GLA250 at least.
Edited by: Pip

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
alex61 said:
Finally I bought my gla with "designo Magno mountain grey" color. I will have my car (180 CDI - xenon lights - urban packet - reversing camera - active parking assist - fog lamps in front - anti theft packet) by the end of June they said. And 2 questions guy's. Where isthe gla's factory? In Germany or somewhere else in Europe? And from the exhaust pipes which one is working the left or the right?
Congratulations on your order, sounds like you've got some good options ticked there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Both exhausts 'work' (on the GLA250 and 45 AMG) but the flow of gasses at any specific pressure is likely to favor one over the other for a given rpm. In other words, most of the gasses might come out of one at idle, or both at speed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks 350Mat. I wouldlike to order also the off road suspension but at least in Greece the 180 CDI model does not support it. Does anybody know if GLA 180 CDI supports off road suspension anywhere else in Europe?Rip and roytheboy thank's for your answers.
Edited by: alex61

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spongbob1 congratulations for your order. Do you have GLA 180cdi in Wales ? How about the off road suspension then. Does it support it or not? I didn't get my caryet. By the end of June they said. When you going to get yours?
learoy do you know if there is an A class 180 cdi model in your country? I know about the off road suspension for 200cdi. I want to know about 180 cdi models if they support it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
alex61 said:
Spongbob1 congratulations for your order. Do you have GLA 180cdi in Wales ? How about the off road suspension then. Does it support it or not? I didn't get my caryet. By the end of June they said. When you going to get yours?
learoy do you know if there is an A class 180 cdi model in your country? I know about the off road suspension for 200cdi. I want to know about 180 cdi models if they support it.
yes they do a a180cdi in the uk it has a 1.5 diesel engine not the 2.1

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
learoy said:
alex61 said:

yes they do a a180cdi in the uk it has a 1.5 diesel engine not the 2.1
How about the off road suspension then. Do you know if this model in your country suports it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As far as I know, the 'comfort' (off-road) suspension is the only suspension that they now fit to the entire GLA range, except for the AMG45.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
roytheboy said:
As far as I know, the 'comfort' (off-road) suspension is the only suspension that they now fit to the entire GLA range, except for the AMG45.
In my country the "off road comfort suspension"is offered as an extra packet (it costs more 416,21Euros - look here ( http://www.mercedes-benz.gr/content/greece/mpc/mpc_greece_website/grng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/gla-class/x156/configurator/configurator_x156.html?tp_ccci=/dsc_gr/globalsessionid/DSC_ger6432653F6C6E6268FF6E545551525700/dsc_locale/el_GR/appId/DSC_ger/siteLocale/el_GR/newConfiguration.jam1%3bjsessionid=0000L3JCIR12mk3HLeTbFtuaTTR:186s53iqb%3fClassId=%26BaumusterId=1569081%26ClassGroupId=%26BodyId=#equipment_tag)http://almost at the bottom of the page where it says "off-road comfort suspension - for gla 200 cdi and above. The off road comfort suspension raises more 30mm the whole car from the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts