Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to All,

I have just picked up my nearly new GLA200D AMG LINE AUTO (2017) which I purchased from a local garage - very pleased with the vehicle, but surprised it doesn't have the High Performance LED Headlamps as standard as it is the AMG spec? Still checking out the other features, and already realising that several other things specified in the manual are not present. PARKTRONIC, BLIND SPOT ASSIST, just to mention a couple of them...

Not really a big deal, as I am still really chuffed with the car!

Just out of interest, does anyone know if I changed the headlamp bulbs from the Factory Halogen Standard bulbs to LED, would it effect the Mercedes Benz manufacturers warranty? Or would such an upgrade have to be carried out at a MB dealership?

Comments please..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about the warranty, but I doubt, changing the halogen bulbs for LED equivalents would be a legal modification.
The light source is different and the reflector would be the wrong shape, resulting in a port beam pattern.
LED and HID headlamps have to be self levelling and have headlamp washers

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think LED change would matter for the warranty, I can't imagine a situation where they would blame them for the fault. Could always just change the bulbs back if anything happened to your lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts