Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just joined. I usually join a forum once i've purchased the car. Find them really helpful (and occasionally interesting). Somewhat different this time as haven't so much as sat in a GLA yet. However I have picked my spec and put a deposit down. My dealer originally said that once a car was available to view in their showroom (in March) I could simply back out if I didn't like it. On Friday I received a call to say that I could take delivery at the end of March, but as it stands, the night package is not available. I've said I will go for it. I can still back out. Anyone else ordered yet?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi , did exactly the same thing today . Ordered spec and deposit in readiness for the build slot which should be March with delivery in early April.

Also told that I can still back out at any time before my build slot and spec are confirmed.

What did you go for spec wise??

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club.
Is the night package on a delay or is it just not available at all now do you know? I too would be interested in what specs you have gone for.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In the UK. I ordered the 200CDI AMG with Premium Plus package & Exclusive Package. Which is basically everything apart from the driver assistant pack and the Night pack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've gone for:
220 CDi 4MATIC, AMG, Cosmos Black, 19" AMG alloys, Premium Plus, AMG Exclusive, Command Online, Harmon Kardon
If the night package becomes available in time I will go for it (same cost as the 19" alloys). Itcould be that the first one i see in the flesh is mine!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I went into Mercedes Newbury and they told me that it wasn't available for order and wouldn't be for a month or so, so Im now looking at a Q5 Sline Plus instead. which won't be ready until June! Which dealer did you order through? I got a quote of # 550.00 per month on a three year business lease for a 220 AMG Line with all the bells and whistles, which I thought was a bit expensive compared to the Audi Q5 which is # 100 less per month.What shall I do??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bit bummed as I just heard from my dealer that the GLA Amg line won't be ready till JUNE! Due to the fact that they have a shortfall in the stock of wheels, so they're not taking orders! Still have the opportunity to order the SE though. Can't have the sports seats though. Not sure what to do now!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bet you're gutted, Leaseplan told me they expected delays on the GLA as Merc always seem to have supply problems on new models. Been waiting months for info on the GLA but getting nowhere fast, my current car is up for renewal on March 1st so wasted months in hope of it being available by April. The Audi Q5 might be my choice.... Unfortunately.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi
Congrats .
I would not want to take delivery till August. I am looking at the 220 CDI 4matic, do you think that March will be too late to place an order, as I would prefer to test drive the car first!i

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
By the sounds of it you can order now and then cancel if you're not happy once you've test drove it. It will be worth a chat with your dealer to see if they will let you do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after reading replies I spoke to my man at Mercedes. He has confirmed that I have a build slot and expected delivery of 23 March. He said there will be very few in the country on that day (single figures). Think they got their quota just after christmas and obviously decided to let me have mine as one of them. It's not exactly the spec I wanted but close enough. I can still back out (but i'm not expecting to ). Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
It will be nice driving a very exclusive car for a while - just think there will be more people driving Ferrari's in the country than driving the GLA!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Whoop,

After much back and forth with the dealer, she has also confirmed that my build slot is on the 23rd and it should arrive on the 28th March! So if I see another gla on the road I'll know it was you!

Got most of the spec I wanted. Though couldn't get the 'standard' exclusive pack so had to opt for the AMG exclusive. Not a step down and exactly the same cost. Just would have liked the crystal grey seats!

What spec did you want that you couldn't get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's good. Also feel more comfortable knowing there is someone else with a March delivery promise. I have opted for everything but the driver assistance pack. Rang me Monday to confirm my date plus that he could now get the AMG Exclusive pack. However says Night Pack still not available.What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Dan
Thanks for the feedback.
Still weary about ordering in advance, never had to do that before.
How would you handle asking for a discount and agreeing a p/x figure for your old car, in advance of a test drive?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts