Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New to the forum and recently became the very proud owner of a South Seas Blue GLA 250 Sport.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome

Your picture really highlights the new higher suspension on the 2015 models. How are you liking your new car? ...was it a wise buy?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read a few posts suggesting the suspension had changed, but couldn't find anything conclusive, thanks for the confirmation. It'sobviously not a sports car, in spite of the name, but I'm happy with the handling so far.It replaced a Cooper S, so I'm enjoying the smooth ride and not having to scan the road for every imperfection. A wise buy, who knows, but I'm certainly happy with my decision.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good stuff - glad you like it. The name change is odd because as you say, it is not a sports car. On the other hand, the 2014 GLA 250 AMG-line is very sporty in both looks and performance (lowered suspension (even lower than standard for 2014), excelent handling and a 6.9 second 0-60) yet it's not called 'sport' ...or anything, really!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been a fan since launch, but I wasn't in a position to buy until recently. It looks like the majority of people have gone for the AMG, but I needed the towbar so I never really considered the AMG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BULB said:
I've been a fan since launch, but I wasn't in a position to buy until recently. It looks like the majority of people have gone for the AMG, but I needed the towbar so I never really considered the AMG.
Hi does this mean you cannot have a tow-bar on the AMG line specification?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying.

According to the brochure, the factory fit towbar is only available for the Sport (previously known as SE). I don't know why, it may be as simple as the shape of the rear valance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stunning colour! I would have chosen the blue if my last car wasn't the M Sport Blue that BMW do!

Pleased your happy with your new motor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome

Your picture really highlights the new higher suspension on the 2015 models. How are you liking your new car? ...was it a wise buy?
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture.

Anyway, congrats on the car, very nice! :smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts