Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 250GLA amg 20 reg

I've just been given as a present a NextBase 422GW Dash cam which I want to hardwire in for neatness. I intend to get the Nextbase kit to do this
My fuse boxes are in the engine compartment and under the floor mat on the passenger side. Fixed with security screws
The fuse for the cigarette lighter is under the floor mat.
Has anyone hardwired their dash cams into this........or where did you get your feed from

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts

..... My fuse boxes are in the engine compartment and under the floor mat on the passenger side. Fixed with security screws
Has anyone hardwired their dash cams into this........or where did you get your feed from

Thanks
I fitted a Nextbase 322 GW to my SLC today and tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll fit a Blackvue 750 X plus to my GLA250e. I'll let you know how I got on.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I've just been given as a present a NextBase 422GW Dash cam which I want to hardwire in for neatness. I intend to get the Nextbase kit to do this
My fuse boxes are in the engine compartment and under the floor mat on the passenger side. Fixed with security screws

Thanks
I've got a GLA and I've fitted a NextBase 512GW Dash Can. Initially used 12V socket but got fed up with trailing wire so decided to permanently wire it using the NextBase kit. I removed the passenger side trim to run the wire (watch out for airbag under there!) down to the fuse box under the passenger carpet. I found the fuse for the boot-fitted 12V socket and "piggy-backed" onto that to supply the dash cam. This worked an absolute treat. The only slight problem is that I had to notch the fuse box cover for the wire exit. All the best!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you hard wire your GLA as I want to do same to my daughter's new 2021 car and hesitant about removing int trim down to fuse box. Any help appreciated.
My vehicle is a 2022 GLA 250e Please check that you have a fuse box at the passenger footwell as I believe all recent A class models do. I can send you a video if you like, all the panel fittings were tidied and put back in place after the video was made. It works very well and is unobtrusive. Please not this has a permanent feed and an accessory feed, as the Blackvue has a parking mode and some other gizmo's. I recommend the 322 GW for it's neatness and ease of use and the Blackvue for features and ease of fitting. In order of fitting. 1. Make sure you have a fitting kit, not all devices have them included. 2. Fit the device in the best position for fitting, access and if like me hidden from drivers view. 3. tuck the warmed up (it's easier on a warm day!) wires under the headlining, you will have space and there is a ridge, put the leads pass that ridge and it will stay there and you won't see it. 4. When you get the junction with A pillar, use a blunt screwdriver to edge the 'AIRBAG' logo out of the cover it acts as a clip. This is is not connected to any device. There is a further clip on the cover about 8" further down, just wedge and unclip. You won't need to remove the cover 5. Feed the wire down, using a trim tool unclip the dashboard side panel and feed the wire through this panel to the top of the footwell carpet. 6. Pull the carpet down from the top to expose the fuse box, bit of a job but very doable. Unscrew the four screws and expose the fuses use the piggy back fuse lead on the appropriate fuse slot. I used unused fuse slots that had 'always on power' and ignition power. 7. Once fitted check everything works as it should and is safe, tidy lead(s) and put back your panels and lastly the fuse cover and carpet. I hope this helps. I am not that savvy with posting videos if you want me to send it to you just let me know. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very many thanks for giving such a comprehensive explanation and also detailed video on your install. Having already investigated the fuse box location and opened it up it looks exactly like yours and when the piggy back fuse connectors arrive I will be able to confidently go ahead. I did in fact install 2 weeks ago one in my infiniti qx 70 so have an advantage but didn't want to break anything in my daughter's 4 month old car so you have reassured me completely. Will let you know next week probably that all done. Cheers again👍.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts