Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Bigmouth: I see you've changed your wheels and painted your callipers - nice

Have you also fitted blue running lights or is that just the effect of the photo? Have you tricked-up anything else?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roy, you have good eyes!!!
The wheels are original AMG GLA 45 19' wheels. The front callipers & the discs are actually real AMG brake system (ah ah... not just red paint) for GLA 45. But with regret, I found that the original brake system is actually good.
The blue light are just the white balance effect! Blue light in Hong Kong is illegal !!!
I have some internal equipment upgrade, tell you latter in technical forum.
Nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bigmouth said:
The front callipers & the discs are actually real AMG brake system (ah ah... not just red paint) for GLA 45. But with regret, I found that the original brake system is actually good.
I would imagine that the two cars might have the same braking system and callipers except for the colour (are they otherwise the same?) as the brakes on my GLA 250 AMG line are by far the most effective brakes I've ever had on any car ...and then some!

So did you ask your local MB dealer to make the changes, or did you buy the parts from MB and fit them yourself? And lastly, is there some local vehicle regulation that stopped you buying an AMG45 (like max power output), or was it simply a matter of budget?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GLA 250 4matic has single pot brake callipers but 320mm drilled discAMG GLA 45 has 2 pots callipers with 351mm drilled and with pits
I bought the parts via some local shops & ask my car services center near my home to install them. It's almost 2/3 of the price from official dealer. Furthermore, Hong Kong has crazy tax system, any parts installed in the first 6 months has to be taxed!!!!!!!!!
The only obstacle to buy AMG GLA 45 is money: 67,000GBPGLA 250 4matic is only 42,000GBP
Hong Kong has extremely high tax for new cars!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
£67k ...Jeeze! That's a lot of tax :(

I shouldn't think there are many roads in HK that you can stretch a GLA250 on, let alone an AMG45 (?).

So, are you going to buy an AMG grille next?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are totally correct, my GLA 250 is already a fast car in Hong Kong because we mainly have city road. Furthermore we have even higher density of speeding camera than UK. AMG 45 in Hong Kong is only something to show-off! Ah!
Besides you have good eyes, I think you can read my mind..........my only complain for the exterior of GLA AMG package is the old C-class like grille, but I spend too much this month...Ah...Ah...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts