Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I was looking at a used GLA - dream car and I might just be able to do it.....
I like to buy my car rather than lease or pcp but ultimately I can only buy what I can afford.
I've narrowed to the GLA 200 amg line and was just about to put a deposit in when my DH questioned the fact it doesn't have bixenon lights or daytime running lights or Satnav - not that I need Satnav. I get when I'm spending £23000-£24000 it's seems crazy not to get these things ...... He thinks hold off and get one with these - I'm arguing that these are out there with higher mileage but are outwith my price range regardless - thoughts folks ???? Anyone got halogen lights ? Or this model - would really appreciate some guidance :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the lights thing is very dependent on what you do with the car. If it's mainly urban driving, doesn't matter. If you drive a lot on dark country roads or high speed at night on quiet motorways (as I do), they are great. Do you have xenons now? If not, I assume you can drive at night! They'll be decent ones on this car whatever. Also, very long term maintenance and repair on xenons is higher cost, but that's probably not an issue unless you keep
The car a very long time.

It's a question of whether you think it's worth it if this is the car you like and can afford if xenons are that big an issue you have to spend more or get a higher mileage car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi don't have xenons on my 2 1/2 yr old Mini Countryman and not an issue for me tbh. Its the hubby. You are right I think I need to work out what's important ! I like the amg seats etc and so many out there for sale have halogen I noticed so I won't be alone :) - I'm still on the hunt - thanks for taking the time to respond

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've spent months trying to find a decent used one that has a decent spec level, they just don't seem to exist. I can find lots for sale but when you start ticking option boxes it seems there are very few.

I guess most people these days want a premium car as possible for as cheap as possible so never spec any decent levels of kit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ticked most of the 'extras' boxes for my GLA250, but I'm not in any hurry to sell it after just one year. That's the difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the intelligent light system with the Bi xenons and can highly recommend them, especially if you do a lot of night driving and I really miss them when I get a courtesy car, but it is an expensive nicety ( real word?)
The normal lights are fine although don't have the style of the xenons but work very well, if it's the car you want then go for it, the options list is huge, there will always be something you want more than the car you buy has 😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
The halogen lights aren't bad at night. I had one in a courtesy car last week and it was fine, didn't have problem on motorways or back roads.
The xenon lights looks the business though and the rear lights that comes with it looks great at night.
You need to remember there will be a higher residual on cars with more kit so if you spend more now you should recoup some back when you come to sell.
I managed to get a great deal on a 2016 model 220d Amg line with the premium pack. The premium pack includes the xenons and sat nav and some other bits and bobs. The newer models also has the bigger 7" screen.
If you look on carwow and orange wheels like websites you can get a great deals on new cars, I got about £4-5k off list price.
I wouldn't discount the pcp type finance as the some of them offer a contribution towards the cost of the car so a further discount, you can always pay off early.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts