Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ordering my GLA last June, can you believe that I have only seen two other GLAs in the wild, outside of a MB showroom. The second sighting was last night in Llandudno, in the car park of the venue where we saw Simple Minds (fantastic gig; brilliant new album, by the way). The owner had had his GLA 220 for eight months and was falling over himself to tell me how much he loved the car, having previously owned an E-Class.

I realise that there are a few owners on this forum who seem to have drawn the short straw and who are having uncharacteristic problems with their cars, but generally speaking, most of us are really pleased with our choice of car, and I'm just surprised that it's not more popular. Does the GLA still have a long waiting list or something?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Local MB stated a 4-6 month waiting list is still in place after asking them Thursday last week when handing over all my monies (pick my car up tomorrow/Tuesday).
I've only seen 3 on the road. And pretty sure one of them was an MP rep getting his lunch (given how close we are to the showroom).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today, I completed a round trip of 300 miles to Southampton to pick my son from University.</font>
</font>I saw a fair few Mercedes' , copious numbers of Audi & BMWs, but not a single GLA.</font>
</font>I once saw one at the leisure centre not 400 yards from the house, but apart from that, nothing, nadda, zilch.</font>
</font>I see the odd person looking as I overtake, wondering what model has just completed the audaciousmanoeuvre, but so far, I remain unique in this neck of the woods.</font>
</font>(And I felt pretty relaxed at both ends of the journey)... mind you, I "only" managed 26mpg........</font>

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have seen more W205 C Class's than GLA's although the GLA was released earlier.
I'm happy that our GLA's are ' a rare breed' should help residual value.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Not seen any although when I was at the show room a couple of weeks ago I did see the delivery truck arrive and as well as the usual C class ones there was a GLA aboard. None actually in the showroom which suggests they are sold as soon as they arrive. Expect there to be more in Bangkok as thatis where the money is. Planning a 2000km round trip up country in a three weeks time so will keep my eyes peeled.On a sidenote had my first experience of torrential rains and floods at least up to the door sills. Drove through like a breeze. A reason why I bought it. Don't have snow here but floods are an issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have seen a few on the road to work (between Nottingham and Leicester) and even parked next to one at Derby University.

·
Registered
0 Posts
3 GLA 's in a row the other day at the lights . Me , car in front and GLA on the other side :)

Love early simple minds. Did they play new album plus early stuff ? Dislike the stadium stuff.

Also how to I change clock time ? Instrument cluster option ? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Three in a row!!! I'm staggered!

SM: they played all of their latest album (brilliant) and lots from Sons & Fascination, NGD and Sparkle in the Rain. If you liked their early stuff, you'll doubtless like their new stuff. They've only just started the UK tour, and are visiting lots of towns. They're playing the O2 at Manchester on 10 April; you should go ;)

Clock: Set it to auto; can't remember how; RTM ;)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I've seen a couple, still a rare sight and still make my head turn when I see one. I can spot them a mile off now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts