Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GLA SE 250 on order for delivery in Feb 2015. Does anyone know about the MB upgrade / renaming to "Sport". I believe the bodywill be 30mm higher than the SE, and the DAB radio has been swapped to the SatNav in the standard package . Does anyone know of any other changes ?Rgds, Nomad

·
Registered
55 Posts
What you have on order is a GLA 250 (a GLA model with a 2 litre turbocharged petrol engine with fuel injection) in SE trim (originally this stood for Sonderklasse/Super/Superlative, depending on who you ask, and Einspitzen or injection in English, but these days it's just a trim designation). This is the entry-level trim standard for the UK. The 'sporty' trim and handling package is called 'AMG line', and is styled and tweaked by the AMG division of MB, although even the base level GLA was in fact enhanced by the AMG team before it hit the market (such is the importance of this model to MB's plans). The AMG line model has slightly stiffer/lower suspension, a better steering mechanism, and all manner of styling niceness. Beyond all that, if the model designation and options have changed for 2015, it's new to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
think you may be thinking of the india version.even the uk amg line (sport) version doesnt come with sat nav as standard it is an option.it only come with sat nav ready dab radio system

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/pricelists/gla-class.pdfThanks for your response , however I have foundthe attached brochure Nov 2014, it looks like the SE will now be called the Sport, c/w offroad comfort suspension - 30 mm more ground clearance. The premium plus package now includes the Becker sat nav, instead of the active bi-xenonsThe DAB radio is now an extra.Rgds, Nomad

·
Registered
55 Posts
I knew the higher suspension was on the cards from this snippet posted in February:

As it seems, the Mercedes-Benz GLA will have no less than three different ride heights, depending on the suspension package chosen from the options list:

1. the standard comfort suspension has a ride height of 14 cm (5.5 inches);

2. the sports lowered suspension is 15 millimeters lower and can only be had with the AMG line or the Dynamic Handling package;

3. the upcoming off-road comfort suspension increases the ride height to 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) for those arguably rare moments when the car will leave the tarmac;

There isn't a set date for when the off-road suspension will become available, but the folks at MB Passion say that that will happen sometime during the upcoming summer.
</font>
I mentioned it when I ordered my GLA but the salesman had no idea if it was goingf to happen at all in the UK.

Personally, I like my AMG line suspension just the way it is, which might not be as high as most other crossover SUVs, but the car sticks to the road like glue, and has little-to-no body roll.

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK, so MB have just today updated their website to reflect the model change, which only seems to be as stated above. From what I can see, both the SE (Sport) and AMG line now have the taller 'comfort' suspension. Most of the pictures reflect this, with more space between the wheels and the wheel arches. What do people think about this? Personally, had I had the choice prior to ordering, I probably would have gone for the taller suspension, but now that I have owned my 'AMG line' suspension, I really think that it is the perfect balance between comfort and handling, and it has all the ground clearance that I need, living out in the sticks as I do, on a mountainside. What do you think? I'm amazed they don't even offer the outgoing suspension choices as an option now - it's 'comfort' or 'comfort'!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Brochure online still says 15mm lower suspension for amg line.can't remember wether it said that when you picked amg line in build your own online

·
Registered
0 Posts
Think your correct off-road comfort suspension is standard on se(sport) and amg line also electric tailgate is now standard.wonder if this is how my gla amg line will arrive in march

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dealer has confirmed se is now called sport.off road comfort suspension is now standard on sport and amg line.so no more lowered suspension it will be raise 30mm from old standard suspension.also easy pack will also come as standard.ie electric open/close tailgate is now standard fit.
Hope this helps.
Will let you all know what the new suspension is like when my gla arrived in March.
If you take a look online you will notice the now larger gap between the tyre and the wheel arch.also that the sport and amg line gap looks the same

·
Registered
0 Posts
Don't know why the changes.maybe they've looked at all the reviews calling it a hatchback or pumped up a class.trying to make it look more suv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts