Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you make of the latest What Car review, the GLA beaten into third place by the Audi Q3 and the Nissan Qashqai. They actually said that the Nissan was the best car regardless of price. What do people make of that

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Do you think a lot of it has to do with it being designed, engineered and built in the UK?
I've not driven a new one mind so I can't really comment although all the motoring press seem to love the Qashqai.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I test drove an older Qashqai and thought it was ok. Lacked refinement and there was a lot of body roll. So much so that I started to feel car sick by the end of it.
While I didn't test the Q3 I did test an A3 and yeah very nice to drive, but having to wait months for a car that looks that boring, and having to pay for every little extra, I just thought buying the GLA would be a better all round experience.
I think you just need to test drive all you're interested in. You need to live with the car so need to decide what's important to you, not what some reviewer has spotted on a 30 min drive.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a test drive in the new Qashqai, it it good for what it is, the Tekna is highly spec'd. As Armedjimmy said, it is down to what your preference is! It was ok bit lacked in that refinement in the quality of the materials. The GLA for me was a happy mistake as I only heard about it whilst in the dealership looking at an A Class. The salesman asked if I had considered one as it had more space... The rest is now to be my future lol!Edited by: Meister

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's a number of competitor models that can be compared against the GLA... some will be larger, faster, higher, have more toys, etc... but none will have the 3 pointed star on it, which makes a big difference in the 'luxury' stakes when parking outside a restaurant... the new Qashqai is very similar to the old one and it has little presence or personality... the KIA has more design stand out than the Qashqai !!!

So buy the Qashqai for practical reasons if you want few millimeters more in the boot, but it won't feel the same as driving the GLA about...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The new Qashqai does look nice but it still lacks the quality feel you get from Merc. Also have you seen the prices for it when you spec it up? It works out very expensive for what is a Nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts