Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got caught in a heavy rain storm yesterday while driving home, at one point the road became flooded by about a foot of water running across the Tarmac creating a mini river. By the time I saw it I'd no chance of avoiding it so took the option to drive through... the car handled very well, no loss of traction... this was followed by three more similar flooded areas... again easily handled. Today the driving was a mix of driving through remaining puddles and areas where mud, gravel and stones had been washed across the roads... rally style, but the car was great on all types of road surfaces... Very happy with the GLA so far, it seems capable on most road conditions, hope to try it soon on snow...

·
Registered
0 Posts
You are a brave person. The problem with flooded areas is the potential of one section being a loot deeper than the rest, then you could be in trouble. Would be good to hear how it performs in snow with All Season rubber.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The water didn't get through the underfloor in the engine bay so I guess it wasn't deeper than a foot, I kept a steady progress driving through which I guess kept the water moving round the car... I wouldn't attempt anything more than a foot deep though...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Nice to know you can have confidence in it, particularly in times like this when something unexpected can happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll update any new experiences as they happen, here in Belgium the weather can change within minutes so we're bound to get some fun stuff in Autumn... I've also fitted a dash-cam which is great for capturing stuff...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
This is one of the reasons I have went for the GLA so I'm pleased to hear it handles well. I used to get stuck in the slightest bit of snow in my c-class.

·
Registered
0 Posts
With the amount of rain we get towards the end of the year, its good to know it can handle reasonably deep water!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Due to the heavy rain and high winds yesterday, the roads today are like mud with dead leaves combining with surface water to make it very slippery... but the new snow tyres are acting well (so far) and I'm testing the grip bit by bit to see how far the GLA will go before loosing traction...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts