Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there are people complaining about a faulty drive shafts, starts with a clicking noise when under load turning uphill. I contacted my dealer in February, and after three cancelled visits due to lack of parts rang Mercedes customer care( that's a joke in itself)
I have now had a call from Customers services, after waiting a week to tell me that simply put they have no Idea when they will have the new drive shafts required for my car. I would suggest that everyone else will be told the same story. An utter disgrace from a so called luxury car maker. They are still building them and shipping off the line, so keen to get them to new customers don't give a **** about the current customers. Time to go the media and make this fiasco public, hopefully they will then sit up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've noticed this clicking noise while turning and driving up a slope of around 30plus degrees, I thought it was just the design of their diff, on the flat at full lock and when checked on the ramp by myself I can't find a problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slightly different topic but I recently Had to have the locks changed on my car and it took a grand total of 6 weeks for all the right bits to arrive and my car was off the road for all of that time. Mercedes don't see terribly good at getting things from Germany. These locks seem to be fairly standard across the range and with the drive shaft issues they better be prepared to rent some car parks whilst all the cars sit waiting patiently for Christmas Day to arrive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Slightly different topic but I recently Had to have the locks changed on my car and it took a grand total of 6 weeks for all the right bits to arrive and my car was off the road for all of that time. Mercedes don't see terribly good at getting things from Germany. These locks seem to be fairly standard across the range and with the drive shaft issues they better be prepared to rent some car parks whilst all the cars sit waiting patiently for Christmas Day to arrive.
That's a shame, GLA has been round long enough to have a batch of spares I would have thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also noticed that clicking sound when I turned up a hill. It was the driveshaft, and it had to be replaced. No parts were available from Germany and they gave me a loan car for about a month whilst waiting for the parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts