Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed my order for a specced up gla in early November and was given an estimated date of early Feb, which was long enough to wait!!!
However, logged in to check on my order today only to see an estimated date of late March :(

Anyone experience such delays??????

·
Registered
55 Posts
Placed my order for a specced up gla in early November and was given an estimated date of early Feb, which was long enough to wait!!!
However, logged in to check on my order today only to see an estimated date of late March :(

Waiting times vary from month to month but if the car is being built to order, and the GLA is still very popular, then 3-4 months is probably about right. It's all down to supply and demand, and right now demand is high!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Roy, from Nov to Feb is almost 4 months but they've just added the best part of 2 months to it...its just annoying as I'm looking forward to collecting it 6 weeks or so after xmas!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I'm sure it will be Roy!!!
Thanks for the replies too!
I will speak to MB on Monday just to clarify and to see as to why this may be and report back, won't be surprised after looking around various sites if there is a further delay as this date approaches.
It appears MB have NEVER sold so many cars owing to the compact ranges!:smile2:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I wonder if the delay is down to a particular component, I'm sure there was a delay on only those with a Pano roof or something before, other cars were unaffected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gran01, we placed an order for my wife (220 a gallon line with prem plus and Comand) in November with our local dealer. We were given an estimated date of Jan 28th, however this has now come forward and we should be picking the car up from the dealer on Thursday (31st). Did you get an update on your order/delivery?

Best

Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gran01, we placed an order for my wife (220 a gallon line with prem plus and Comand) in November with our local dealer. We were given an estimated date of Jan 28th, however this has now come forward and we should be picking the car up from the dealer on Thursday (31st). Did you get an update on your order/delivery?

Best

Pete
Hi Pete, haven't been on for a while so apologies for late reply!!
We have a build date of early Feb and should be with us in March!
You are correct as mb uk advised that there was a restriction as they call it on the pano sun roof but I wasn't affected by that....it seems it's just the sheer volume of cars mb are producing and selling at the moment. A 3rd shift has been introduced in Rastaat apparently to try to keep up with demand.

Not long now for you though mate!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Could I ask how you were able to log in to check your order? I am in a similar position

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.