Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Does the GLA come with quality standard speakers? A lot of car companies don't look into quality sound as a standard feature but if you're on a road trip its good to have some crisp vocals in the background.
Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The standard COMMAND sound system is adequate but not exactly Hi-Fi if you are fussy about amps and speakers. If you are, the HK sound system is, by all accounts, exceptionally good. Why don't you just visit an MB dealer and take a GLA for a spin?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can vouch for the HK setup it is awesome! Although saying that the standard setup is good to, but like the previous post says it really depends on how you wish to arouse your ear drums!

·
Registered
10 Posts
MercuryMan said:
Any info on speaker sizes or mounting depth in the GLA?
6.5" front and rear but you will need a mounting adapter (you can get for the front but not the rear) and the oem speakers are mounted by being riveted from the rear of the door weather panel.

so to remove you remove the door cards then drill out the 10 or so rivets in the weather seal. Carefully remove the window winder elec motor etc and then drill out the rivets holding the speakers.

If you look on the a class forums most people just cut the old speaker out. But IMHO this is just wrong and if you are going to do this take it to a decent audio store for them to do it properly for you.

Edited by: BasilD

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I find the standard system good enough for me, my dealer didn't have the HK system to test so I can't compare.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The standard system is good enough for my girlfriend and I, mainly because she doesn't like loud music, so it is only used for background music. However, if I was young and single again, and playing my favourite Muse, Queen and Tron tracks at high volume, I'd have gone for the HK set-up, no question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MercuryMan said:
Now all I need to find out is what are good after-market speakers to go with..? Any thoughts?
Depends massively on your budget.

good speakers are from the likes of Focal, JL Audio, Rainbow, Hertz, Hybrid audio, Alpine etc

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. I've heard of rainbow before. They are suppose to be to notch quality but also quite pricey.
Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts