Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steven Sutcliffe this time reviews again the GLA 45 AMG for autocar in todays issue. He likes everything besides the price and the looks (!!!??!!) especially in comparison with the A45 AMG, and gives it a lowly 3/5 . Strange verdict if someone even reads the review..

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I was going to buy this weeks magazine for the review and this has just reminded me.
I personally thought it look good!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Interesting to note that the car he drove did not have the 'off-road' package, and yet he praised it for it's off-road ability, the 45 has 4matic only.
Edited by: NTT

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Sutcliffe has missed the point a little with GLA 45. The point with it is to be a more practical A45, an A45 Estate as another reviewer said and NOT an off road beast. Strange also that he underestimates the boot size which is 25-40% bigger than the A-class. Think of it like that and it makes much more sense.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Also if you're in the US you would be buying the GLA over an A because the A-Class is not sold over there but the GLA is!

·
Registered
0 Posts
He said the GLA 45 is a great car if its not compared to the regular A45. But the difference in height and boot size between the two is too insignificant to justify paying the extra cost. I prefer the GLA as to its better aesthetics and ride quality.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The GLA45 is launching in India later this month too.Mercedes-Benz India that launched the GLA-Class SUV recently, will launch the performance-oriented model of the car - the GLA 45 AMG - on October 27, 2014.

·
Registered
0 Posts
vivamerc - I'm glad you clarified that for me. I'm new to Mercedes, so I kept wondering what an A class was.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I Have just purchased the GLA A45 AMG and love it. The A class was just too small for me boot wise and this is big enough to make more sense, plus it rides better than the A Class although still firm. The Fourmatic is a bonus living in a rural area in the event of light conditions it will certainly be better than my C Class Estate was in winter conditions for sure.
Not sure if there are any other GLA 45 owners on here feel free to ask me anything you like about the car.
Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have also just bought the GLA 45 for the same reasons as you. Wanted a decent boot and comfier ride than the A-class. Also I think the road presence of the GLA is muchbiggerthan the A-class, especially in the AMG version! I amstill running it in but the first impressions are really good :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey Fatlalus, Nice I agree the GLA looks just that bit meaner and bigger especially with the 20" rims.
Such an awesome machine

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sorry I didn't start the thread, but see the link below.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-benz/gla45-amg

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah I know but looks super mean in Black.
What is the trim around yours in the image is that standard?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts