Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 馃槉 I鈥檝e had my new GLA 250e (premium) for week now. After waiting 9 months since I first ordered it. I鈥檓 loving the drive & new tech but have noticed it doesn鈥檛 have some of the spec I was expecting. The wireless phone charging pad as been removed which I鈥檓 not too bothered about. But it has a manual tailgate & I was expecting this to be electric to open/close like my last GLA. I was wondering if anyone else with a GLA 250e has an electric boot? I think the spec was downgraded due to the chip shortage but I wasn鈥檛 informed of any changes.

Registered
New GLA 250e owner here too. Agree with the above about the phone charging, would have been nice but not really fussed. I too felt a non powered tailgate wasn't very premium feeling for the price they charge, however I was informed that it was due to the chip shortages. Mercedes have essentially cut a few select features from models that are ineffective in terms of how much processing power is required vs what it provides in order to allow them to build more cars. Powered tailgates with the foot motion sensor is sadly one of the features they chose on the new GLA

Registered
Adding my thoughts about the down speccing of the GLA 250e which I ordered in October 2021. The spec on a Premium Plus edition then included electrically operated seats, remote electrically operated tailgate and enhanced audio system. None of these were on the vehicle when it arrived in the U.K and I was not told about the deficiencies until I came to inspect it, despite being assured that it would have electric seating when I enquired in late November. The dealership were a little cagey, bearing in mind the price of the vehicle had also gone up by about 拢4000 I refused to accept the vehicle on the basis that this was not the spec I had ordered. Long story short, dealership agreed that they would not charge me the price increase since the initial order and I countered that a Lexus would be on my driveway instead unless there was a further reduction on the price I originally agreed with the dealership and other servicing incentives which I achieved. When I picked up the vehicle I checked the boot and saw that the home charger lead was missing from the vehicle and was told that this was no longer supplied on a dealer instruction from Mercedes in December 2021, perhaps the dealership should have remembered to take the Mercedes holdall for it from the vehicle. It appears that some one made the decision to remove the cable from the vehicle and assumed that I only needed the fast charging cable as I had a facility at home, which, fortunately, I do have. The dealership offered to order a lead for me and charge me 拢500 for this, which I refused to pay. I took the precaution weeks before delivery to order a copy of the OASIS factory specification of my ordered vehicle and it clearly showed the inclusion of the lead. The dealership are now supplying the lead without charge and without further explanation. That's where I am and I have had to play hardball with them to get it sorted. I have had the vehicle since 1st March and I am generally very pleased with it. It's well built, comfortable and has loads of features still. I hope my experience is useful to anyone who has a GLA on order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adding my thoughts about the down speccing of the GLA 250e which I ordered in October 2021. The spec on a Premium Plus edition then included electrically operated seats, remote electrically operated tailgate and enhanced audio system. None of these were on the vehicle when it arrived in the U.K and I was not told about the deficiencies until I came to inspect it, despite being assured that it would have electric seating when I enquired in late November. The dealership were a little cagey, bearing in mind the price of the vehicle had also gone up by about 拢4000 I refused to accept the vehicle on the basis that this was not the spec I had ordered. Long story short, dealership agreed that they would not charge me the price increase since the initial order and I countered that a Lexus would be on my driveway instead unless there was a further reduction on the price I originally agreed with the dealership and other servicing incentives which I achieved. When I picked up the vehicle I checked the boot and saw that the home charger lead was missing from the vehicle and was told that this was no longer supplied on a dealer instruction from Mercedes in December 2021, perhaps the dealership should have remembered to take the Mercedes holdall for it from the vehicle. It appears that some one made the decision to remove the cable from the vehicle and assumed that I only needed the fast charging cable as I had a facility at home, which, fortunately, I do have. The dealership offered to order a lead for me and charge me 拢500 for this, which I refused to pay. I took the precaution weeks before delivery to order a copy of the OASIS factory specification of my ordered vehicle and it clearly showed the inclusion of the lead. The dealership are now supplying the lead without charge and without further explanation. That's where I am and I have had to play hardball with them to get it sorted. I have had the vehicle since 1st March and I am generally very pleased with it. It's well built, comfortable and has loads of features still. I hope my experience is useful to anyone who has a GLA on order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This will be helpful to people I am sure. I thought I was going mad at one point! The spec the car had was the main reason I ordered mine. And to then not be told about certain features being removed and charged the same price as when it had all the spec I was expecting has made me very angry. I鈥檓 going to take my case to the motor ombudsman as i only noticed all the missing features properly after driving the car a week and both Merc customer service & the retailer offer no explanation for anything other than that鈥檚 how the car is due to semi conductor shortages.

Registered
hello, i was sad about this but i wasn't alone. I also ordered gla 200 amg in september 2021. they said that the options for wireless charging, blind spot assistant, sound system, electrically controlled seats and easy access that I chose in the order were removed by the factory. And I took delivery of the car last week. When I checked the vehicle, easy entry was added again, there is an electric trunk, but there is no foot opening feature and the Mercedes me feature, which I do not prefer, was added. Fortunately, they've reduced the price by the amount of features removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts