Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post here :), hi from Hertfordshire...

So...I have a 2016 (66 reg) GLA AMG Line.
Each time I adjust the A/C controls, a line appears on the bottom of the large LCD display saying what temp has been set, then it disappears and screen fades to black...
...However, the LCD screen, although it looks black, acutally stays on (i.e. there is a glow from the display).

This is 'fixed' by turning the radio on and off again, but is very distracting in the dark...

Wonder if this is normal (I've been told it is by Mercedes dealer, however they have been known to be 'mistaken' in the past!)?

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Matt,

Just checked this out on my GLA SPORT (67) and the display definitely goes off after a couple of seconds.It does that whether the display is set to Day,Night or Automatic.
Dont know what you can do with that info but good luck anyway!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Sorry for slow reply - lots of travelling (in the gla!)

I've checked the screen again and cannot find an option to adjust brightness (Day/night) or anything similar (although I can change the led colour under the dash to red!).

Radarman - are you certain the screen actually turns off and doesnt just dim to 100% (and still 'glow black' in the dark)?

I'm guessing there may be some sort of firmware update for the screen/unit, guess that may be a 'mercedes me' paid option...

Cheers,
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts