Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,Have just been informed that my GLA 220 CDI AMG has left the factory and will be delivered next week...I'm like a dog with two d!cks...!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent - enjoy
I had to wait 3 weeks from ordering my car to collecting it - felt like a very long time, so glad I've got mine now.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
haha first time I've heard that expression but I hope you've had fun playing over the last couple of weeks!
How are you getting on?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,Sorry for the late reply.Yes everything going well so far (never one to put the 'mockers' on things however). I love the fact that everything is new! I know that sounds a bit childish, but finding out all the different things the car can do is still exciting.My one gripe with the 220 diesel is the pick up in speed when overtaking. Given that the car is in Eco mode if you try to get away from a junction / roundabout quickly or even a slower motorist in front it can take what seems like an age to pull away, once away it is as smooth as anything. I will clarify that the car I had before this one was a BMW 3 ltr M (2001) which was like the proverbial SH1T off a shovel so might have been spoilt by its power.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Is the diesel slower than the petrol engine version or no difference? Mine will be a petrol engine version as I am in a region where diesels are not available. Anyhows it would be my engine of choice. However I gather nowadays diesels are supposed to be much the same as petrol. Just a little clattery at low speeds

·
Registered
55 Posts
I looked into the petrol vs diesel debate in great depth before putting my order in, and the fact that I have a petrol GLA250 shows what conclusion I came to. Diesels are more expensive to buy; more costly to repair (generally speaking); throw out all sorts of nasty emissions; and only really save fuel (over a modern petrol engine) if you mainly do long journeys. In fact, unless you are going to keep the car for about six years or more, you often won't make up the difference in savings to what you spent out extra in the first place (there is a Which! report on the net, that illustrates this in great detail). So, for a rep travelling the country, or those with long commutes each day, deisels can be the better option. For me, I wanted something that would safely overtake very quickly on short stretches of country roads, so the GLA250 was the obvious choice for my budget.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just got rid of mine worst car I have ever had noisy gearbox was useless and no room inside I chopped a q5 in for it worst mistake I ever made .Just bought a Volvo xc 60 dream to drive with a proper gearbox.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nigel smith said:
Just got rid of mine worst car I have ever had noisy gearbox was useless and no room inside I chopped a q5 in for it worst mistake I ever made .Just bought a Volvo xc 60 dream to drive with a proper gearbox.
Did you get the opportunity to test drive a GLA before you bought it? Surprised you chopped in a Q5 for a GLA, which on paper isn't in the same category (think Q3 & X1 are?).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nigel smith said:
Just got rid of mine worst car I have ever had noisy gearbox was useless
and no room inside I chopped a q5 in for it worst mistake I ever made
.Just bought a Volvo xc 60 dream to drive with a proper gearbox.
I'm
confused too. I didn't understand your post first-time round, due to
the lack of punctuation, but now I can see that you are saying that you
sold your GLA 220 after just a month or two, because it is noisy, has no room, and the gearbox was useless. I too am wondering why you bought the car in the first place if you needed more room inside (it is just a hatchback after all), and why you didn't assess the road noise during the test-drive. As for the gearbox: what about it is useless, given that you bought a diesel version, not the more sportier GLA250? Did you actually buy this car with your own money, or is this a works vehicle that you choose from a list and change as you please?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts