Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I've had my amg 220 4matic from new since Sept. I have only ran up 2000 miles so far however I was expecting a little better economy than I am currently getting. My daily commute is a round trip of 22 miles, half of which is on dual carriage way and I am currently sitting on average 35mpg I would say those 2000 miles have been driven fairly sensibly, put my foot down a few times as you would with a newbie!!. Is this the norm? Also anyone elses eco mode sometimes take an eternity to come on, I drove in today 25 min drive and still not active by the time I'd finished the commute. I do love the car but this is slightly niggling me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Julia book economy is urban 48 extra urban 64.2 and combined 56.5, I'm nowhere near any of these, I have spoke to my dealer and expressed my concern, they have asked me to see how it goes for another 1000 miles and if there is no change to take it in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a GLA250 but it *really* depends on how you drive. I can easily get 40mpg from my car by driving carefully and not accelerating hard, but if I go for a blast down the country lanes, that falls to around 17mpg. That's quite a difference!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 220 cdi, 4matic AMG Line which is now just over 1 year old and done 20000 miles. My average from the computer is 53mpg so not too far off the figures but I do drive reasonably carefully!! The eco mode in my car is usually green, coming on after only 5 minutes or so of driving, but switching the air con on or the heated seats often makes it go off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All, interesting to read about the fuel consumption, I have a GLA 250 and I cant get anything near 40 mpg, my average is 30 mpg. Have taken it back to Dealer they did and update on the software and its no better. All they can say is you shouldn't take the factory figures into consideration. Also, I have only halogen lights on mine, they are abysmal to the point of being unsafe, anybody else having the same results?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I notice the posts are all from 2015, so I guess my 2021 250e experience isn't that relevant but for what it's worth.
My best electric only is 40miles
First journey was from Lookers (great service) at Grimsby to East Sussex 53mpg
Couple of M25 journeys in Comfort mode have returned 79 and 96mpg

Which probably doesn't help those with older models. Oh and my previous vehicle was a Leaf, so I've had 3yrs of full EV experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts