Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so please have mercy on me.

I recently purchased a 66 plate GLA to replace my 16 plate A Class. So much better!

I have a question regarding dog crates. Does anyone on the forum have a dog crate fitted in the boot of your GLA? If you do where did you get it from and would you mind posting pictures of it with your boot open?

I'm currently in the market for a crate but would prefer the opinion of others over what manufacturers claim.

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All. Does anyone know if that dog crate for the GLA220 would fit in a GLA 200? I don't want to buy one then find it doesn't fit! many thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry I don't know of any cages for dogs, but the interior space of the GLA is pretty much the same from model to model, the only difference is the type of seat (sport or comfort etc). We have used our GLA's for our dog and at first used a net system that we bought from Halfords (it suspended from rear seat roof handle), then we started to put the detachable lid behind the rear seat, using an elasticated cable to hold it in place. This reduced the space between the roof and the rear seats making it impossible for the dog to climb over (they can still put their nose through though. We also used a fold up bar set up for a friends dog which was smaller so that they couldn't climb over (again a Halfords special). The final trick was to use a three sided boot liner with tail gate fold out, this protected the material side of the boot from dog hairs (which are difficult to remove once they're embedded into the material), plus it helped keep the bumper edge safe from dog claws when jumping in and out etc... hope this is useful...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts