Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for GLA 200 in May, though I initially booked in Sept delivery after the booking confirmation I was told my car would be ready by July 30th. Called dealer on 30th then I was told that the car should be with him by Aug 7th, Called him on 7th again and I was told that it's in transit and should be with him on the 14th. Called him yesterday to only hear that it hasn't arrived in the UK as the GLA petrol models have to pass a new emissions test and won't be sorted out until end of this quarter. I was quite annoyed as I sold my old car earlier this month after the dealer was affirmative that the car would be here soon. The irritating part is that now he says that some time towards end of Sept and doesn't even give a certain date/timeframe. After doing some research on google, understood it's got something to do with WLTP emission tests. Anybody facing similar situation?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also ordered my GLA 200 Sport Premium Plus in May and I got an original delivery date of 20 August. However 2 weeks ago that got changed to 3 October (the disappointment is real) due to the need to do additional emissions test on the petrol engines...now wishing I went for a diesel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!! Placed my order end of April and original delivery date beginning of July, it changed a few times then at the end of july i was finally advised of the situation and delivery being the end of this quarter. I've just been advised it "should" be by the end of this month. I'm trading in a car and they've said if it's not here they will take my car in and put me in a courtesy vehicle until it does arrive. Very frustrating, but hopefully won't be too much longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like we’re not the only ones in this situation. We placed an order for a GLA 200 AMG Line petrol vehicle back in early June. We were informed by MB Sheffield that the car was completed on 19th July. Sadly we are being kept in the dark as to when delivery is likely to be. MB customer care are as clueless as the dealer too!
We’ve already sold the Audi that the GLA is replacing and we have been supplied with a new A Class courtesy car by the dealer.
Does anyone know how to escalate the complaint or had any compensation following a delay of this kind?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems the delays are ongoing, I tried to order a new GLA in October. The dealer told me he want allowed to order my car until November due the the factory backlog caused by the testing. I was given a March 19 delivery date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts