Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GLA 250 AMG PREMIUM Plus and would like to know to whether anyone has fitted a dash cam
Dont really want wires hanging from windscreens

LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ADVICE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 GLA 250 AMG PREMIUM Plus and would like to know to whether anyone has fitted a dash cam

I have the same model car and Halfords helped me out with front and rear nicely fitted no wires exposed Nextbase 522GW - all in £230. ( Today November 3rd 2021 the deal is only £199).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fitted a Transcend dashcam to our GLA 220d. You can easily hide the cable behind the rubber and plastic trim, (see YouTube) although it will require a socket to power it up. We used the one in the front. My BMW 320d has a hard wired installation carried out by the dealer. It's the ACE 2.0 and really not worth the high cost. I wouldn't be deterred by having to hide the cable, very straightforward. Buy one that records front and rear, also parking mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same model car and Halfords helped me out with front and rear nicely fitted no wires exposed Nextbase 522GW - all in £230. ( Today November 3rd 2021 the deal is only £199).
Hi Robbey
Thanks for replying to my enquiry about the dash cam. When Halfords fitted it .....Did they hard wire it in, or have you still got to plug it into the cigarette plug?
Another question......Do you find the driving seats very comfortable......iIve got the AMG suede seats which at present I don't find as comfortable as the Evoque I had

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fitted a Transcend dashcam to our GLA 220d. You can easily hide the cable behind the rubber and plastic trim, (see YouTube) although it will require a socket to power it up. We used the one in the front. My BMW 320d has a hard wired installation carried out by the dealer. It's the ACE 2.0 and really not worth the high cost. I wouldn't be deterred by having to hide the cable, very straightforward. Buy one that records front and rear, also parking mode.
Thanks for the information.......I shall be looking into it in the next week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts