Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm thinking of getting a dash cam but looking for advice from those who have one.

1. Best value

2. Discreet mounting

3. Power installation

Surprised Mercedes or other car manufacturers don't have these as optional extras.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great dash cam for less than £60

I got this one for £59 on Amazon (front and back).

It's discrete (snaps onto the rearview mirror), great quality and includes motion sensors to detect movement even if the car is off.

Easy to install and connect to power (the cable is long enough to be run along the top border of the windshield and down the side, under the carpet and into the power socket (USB or cigarette lighter).

The back camera is a bit more difficult to install, in the sense that it's a much longer cable and you have to work a bit harder to get it into the right position.

Great packaging! And so cheap I was worried it wouldn't work. All this while I wait for my cloud connected dash cam which can upload videos to the cloud so I can watch them even if my car is stolen. It costs $299 at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought this one after watching countless reviews. I’m extremely happy with it, it’s super discreet. I threaded the cables arlong the roof seam to the windscreen and then across to the back hiding it under the rubber seals where the roof meets the top of the doors. Extra cable went inside the ceiling at the back. For power I threaded the cable down. Initially I had plugged it into the spare usb in the armrest but the camera crashed every time I plugged my phone into the main media usb so I ended up just using the 12V socket behind the armrest for power.

AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam 6-Lane 170° Wide-Angle Lens, Supercapacitor, WDR Night Vision Car Camera with G-Sensor, Loop Recording and Dual-Port Car Charger https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075T8H9XJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_c58XBbDQH7QAC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts