Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New GLA AMG delivered today. Everything good except no DAB Radio option. FM. MW options but no DAB option showing.
DAB standard on AMG line ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I always get offered dab even if I have no signal.may be in your settings somewhere may be time to read the manual

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's not standard on AMG 'Line' (assuming you are talking about the 200, 220 or 250, and not the AMG 45).
It's an expensive optional extra for the 200, 220 and 250. Perhaps standard on the GLA 45?
Edited by: Pip

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you can afford it, the COMMAND system has just about everything you could want from an infotainment system (within reason), including a top-of-the-range sat-nav, a hard-disk (or SSD) to store your music library, voice activation of most things, automated emergency response, and DAB. Oh, and a bigger screen (smaller bezel).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Roytheboy, does the COMAND system definitely come with DAB? (couldn't see this in any of the brochures)
MB sales rep mentioned that DAB wasn't included in theCOMANDpackage and would still need to be added as an option.
I've gone for the latter here (takingCOMANDand DAB), will be interesting to see if we have any differences. If not, might investigate a refund of sorts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pip said:
Roytheboy, does the COMAND system definitely come with DAB? (couldn't see this in any of the brochures)
I ordered the COMMAND system, and I have DAB even though I did not order it specifically. However, the spec may have changed since I ordered my car last year.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installing DAB after purchase will be c £1,000.
Error on my part for assuming DAB would be standard on the AMG line.
Disappointed no DAB.
VW Passat has DAB as standard I think.
At this price range DAB should be standard.Edited by: The quiet man

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 AMG Line with Premium Plus package has DAB. Not sure if it was standard with the car or part of one of those packages!

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's the thing with me: I can't remember what came with what package, but I ticked all the boxes except for Driver Assist and the HK stereo.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The quiet man said:
Installing DAB after purchase will be c £1,000.
Error on my part for assuming DAB would be standard on the AMG line.
Disappointed no DAB.
VW Passat has DAB as standard I think.
At this price range DAB should be standard.
It really should be standard, even the 8k Renault Twingo has DAB as standard...

·
Registered
0 Posts
DAB was standard when the GLA was first on sale but later became an extra. I think the trade off was the Becker Map Pilot. I think that now, even if you order Command, DAB is an extra. I am surprised that a retrofit is so expensive. BMW did it for £299 when I had it retrofitted to my X3. Best option might be the DAB unit offered by Pure Audio.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I pod inserted into USB port. Plays tracks randomly despite selecting ' play in sequence ' option.
Same with I phone tracks via Bluetooth. Random tracks played. Play in sequence option selected.
Any advise please ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you have an album on your iPod, called '18 Months', for example, you might see a track that comes up as 'Bounce [Radio Edit]'. You might expect this to play after 'Blue Dress' by Depeche Mode, but you'd be wrong. Take a look at the filename of the Calvin Harris track and you'll see that its name is actually '02 Bounce [Radio Edit].m4a', which your iPod changes to ignore the track number. However, your GLA has no idea what naming conventions you might want to use, so it just plays everything in alphanumeric order. So, I'll hazard a programmer's guess that your 'random' order is in fact all the first tracks on your albums, followed by all the second tracks, and so on ...but I might be wrong

·
Registered
0 Posts
Can't link for some reason, but if you google 'rename mp3 files' there's software programs out there that can help rename large amounts of MP3s to avoid the ordering problems caused by iOS devices.
Rather than renaming them all by hand, these tools do all the hard work and save a lot of time!

Edited by: Pip

1 - 20 of 36 Posts