Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you regret any cars you've bought or sold? Any you wish you hadn't gotten rid of?
I had a Mondeo ST once, shortest time I have ever owned a car. Full of faults and got shot after 10 months.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I regret selling my immaculate RS2000 to my friend, who then had it written off following being hit by a truck in a car park. However, rose-tinted glasses an all that... I used to love my Honda SuperDream motorbike in the 80s, then moved on to other bikes. At the point were I owned a fab CBR600, I was asked to check out an old SuperDream for a friend, so I took it for a ride. Geeze! ...how on earth did I ever manage to keep this thing on the road round corners? ...and why does it take hundreds of yards to come to a stop? ...and why can I feel every little bump in the road? Things move on, but the old rose-tinted glasses stay forever rose-tinted ;)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I am a car guy so always look forward to my next purchase. If I've studied and chosen right there should be no regrets as such but I do tend to miss my old cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Regret selling an Aston Martin DB6 that I bought as a rebuild job when I was 18... trouble was that even though the car was cheap to buy it was very expensive to buy the parts to rebuild it... so had to sell it after 8 months to a buyer who had deep enough pockets to complete the job... also regret selling my Pilgrim roadster that I built after the Aston... it now graces the autobahns of west Germany... the only car I really wanted shot of was a VW Golf which turned out to be far thirstier than expected plus the service bills were out of touch with what the car was... I found the BMW 318i was cheaper to run, fuel and service...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.