Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just bought an ex-demo GLA 200CDI with 2500 miles, happy with it so far, although I am coming from a 2010 XJ Portfolio so having to get used to the differences!

Just wanted to share my experience with the dealership in case it benefits anyone else. The vehicle had the premium pack fitted but the dealership had removed the becker sat nav module from the vehicle. They were wanting to sell it to me for £500, but I done a bit of research before coming in (a lot of staring at configurators and brochures) and pointed out that as it was part of the premium pack so should already be included.

There then followed a couple of trips by my salesman to 'his boss' where they came back and said 'no that's for the next model year only when it changes to Garmin'. I then got the current model price list up on his computer screen from the internet and showed it to them, where it did indeed clearly state the Becker module was part of the pack. 'We'll have to give it to you then' was the grudging response!

Hopefully this was just a one off happening, but just in case it happens to anyone else, maybe they will have read this first!

Car looks lovely though, white with night pack, premium pack and exclusive pack, just wish it had auto climate control and heating vents to the rear seats!

Andy

·
Registered
0 Posts
i purchased abecker sat nav module from ebay for £200 brand new for myMercedesslk and will be removing it when my gla arrives in march£500 daylightrobbery

·
Registered
0 Posts
Think you might have done well there. I have a GLA 220SE 4-Matic with the Premium Plus pack and the Becker module wasn't included in the pack. The car was bought in April 2014. I believe the 2015 model year car with the Premium Pack does get the Becker module but the DAB radio has been removed from the standard list of kit and is now an option. Either way I bought a module from ebay for £200 as I agree that £500 is a bit steep.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Welcome along, shame you had the usual dealer hassle, unreal they would remove something from the car and then try and sell you it separately!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will probably find that the becker was not installed as it does not come installed from the factory. It is provided with the car for the dealer to fit but they only do this once the car is sold and generally not while the car is a demo car. This way you still get the new map update and the navi code is registered to the first private owner

But pretty poor of the dealer to try and make you pay for this as they should have fitted it as soon as they sold the car to you especially is it is included in the package that your car had.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey all!
I've been looking into getting a used GLA.
Is it worth the buy? I've heard from a few of my friends that the GLA has an unnatural driving feel and they're not the best handling cars. But damn they look sweet! Could definitely see this as an upcoming rally car shell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do those few of your friends actually own GLAs? I can only speak for the GLA 250 4matic A-line: whilst it does not have the 'natural' feel of a competition 2-stroke kart on racing tyres, it certainly keeps me happy when driving to kart circuits. As for the handling, it's exceptionally good

·
Registered
5 Posts
mantsy said:
Hi Guys,

Just bought an ex-demo GLA 200CDI with 2500 miles, happy with it so far, although I am coming from a 2010 XJ Portfolio so having to get used to the differences!

Just wanted to share my experience with the dealership in case it benefits anyone else. The vehicle had the premium pack fitted but the dealership had removed the becker sat nav module from the vehicle. They were wanting to sell it to me for £500, but I done a bit of research before coming in (a lot of staring at configurators and brochures) and pointed out that as it was part of the premium pack so should already be included.

There then followed a couple of trips by my salesman to 'his boss' where they came back and said 'no that's for the next model year only when it changes to Garmin'. I then got the current model price list up on his computer screen from the internet and showed it to them, where it did indeed clearly state the Becker module was part of the pack. 'We'll have to give it to you then' was the grudging response!

Hopefully this was just a one off happening, but just in case it happens to anyone else, maybe they will have read this first!

Car looks lovely though, white with night pack, premium pack and exclusive pack, just wish it had auto climate control and heating vents to the rear seats!

Andy
i am curious to read your comments knowing you owned an xj. i sold a 5 liter xkr and i had a lot of xj8's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Love mine, GLA220cdi AMG line. Only a couple of issues:- the steering wheel could do with extending a few more inches for us tall people. The indicator and cruise control are a bit fiddly and I've yet to have the patience to absorb all the info in the instruction book! Why the light comes on when you press it I have no idea and as for all the other features, many remain a mystery to me. Which features do you find most useful?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The light on the cruise control stalk indicates when the function is in 'limit' mode (set the maximum speed you wish to do e.g. 50 through road works), as opposed to 'cruise' mode (set the speed you wish to cruise at).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts