Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the GLA have a boot cover that is automatically raised when the lid is opened, and is it removable? I have seen two photo and one shows it and the other does not, and it is not clear if it made it to the production model.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has, I've driven 4 different cars which all have them, I have to pop back to the dealer tomorrow to check on my order so if I remember I will ask them to make sure

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the confirmation. I saw one on a raised platform at an auto show earlier this year, and still waiting for demo models to arrive in Canada.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've taken my boot cover out a number of times to fit bikes and kids stuff into the boot area... easy to use and lightweight, detaches via two strings and pop out catches... you also have two hooks in the boot area for hanging bags on (useful for shopping bags to save them rolling about an empty boot) plus there's two catch units (on either side of the boot) that allow you to lift up the boot floor to access the underfloor storage, the catches hold the floor open at an angle of 45°... easy to use without having to remove...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I think this is what we in the UK call the parcel shelf. If so it is a lot more useful than the ones found in standard hatches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts