Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an extra that the salesman said was a 'must have' to make the car look good... now that I've had the chance to drive mine for a couple of months I have to agree with him... the style and design of the lights are unique, none of the other brands lights look as good... some have the front LED daytime running lights but they're not as smooth nor do their tail lights have the same distinctive shape and brightness...

So if you're debating about the lights, go for the Bi-Xenon pack as it really complements the cars design and also gets plenty of extra looks in the dark...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ Jamer: I don't know if they can be post fitted once the car has left the factory... it probably means rewiring to suit the new light system so thinking logically it would mean some work... but on other cars you can get accessory Bi-Xenon lights (Lexus, BMW, etc) fitted but they're usually non brand versions and take time/work to fit them professionally... best check with your dealer...

·
Registered
0 Posts
@ Jamer: I don't know if they can be post fitted once the car has left the factory... it probably means rewiring to suit the new light system so thinking logically it would mean some work... but on other cars you can get accessory Bi-Xenon lights (Lexus, BMW, etc) fitted but they're usually non brand versions and take time/work to fit them professionally... best check with your dealer...
Hmm this is what I thought, okay thanks for your reply much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm busy checking out US sites to see if there's any accessories already out there for the GLA, it's still a bit early for the usual raft of non-brand stuff but the US is usually faster at getting things onto the market than euro suppliers... if I come across anything I'll post it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have my GLA (220 AMG LINE) due on 1st September. I ordered it with the Premium pack which included Bi-Xenon headlights, does anybody know if this also has the LED DRLs and fibre optic strip (eyebrow) that look so good?

I am hoping so?

Thanks, Nick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too having seen the Bi-Xenon took the plunge and ordered the Premium pack. I didn't get the additional upgrade of the Intelligent Light Pack.
The biggest regret I have with my old car is that I didn't get the Bi-Xenon headlights, wasn't gonna make the same mistake twice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm pretty sure that when I ordered whatever package it was that included the Bi-X lights, that also included the IL pack and the LED running lights etc.. Either way, my car has the lot but I didn't order anything outside the various packages as there wasn't much left that could be ordered outside the packages! As I suggested though, things might have changed by now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Things - seem to have changed quite a big in the website configurator, when I did mine originally it clearly showed the fibre optic eyebrows in the pictures, it does not now. Also noticed the Becker Map Pilot is now Garmin and it even shows the engine power of the 220D being 177HP instead of 170 now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The extras packages were almost too good to be true (for what you got for your cash) when I ordered my GLA250. I assumed that this was down to the economies of running much fewer configurations at the factory. However, there were a few criticisms on this forum as well as others, that you had to buy a package if you only wanted one particular extra. Maybe MB are moving back to their 'tick list' style of selling extras now, albeit that this will not represent the best value for those of us who like lots of extras?

Just as well I ordered my car when I did, given that I like to tick all the boxes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just makes life difficult when you want to be sure you are getting the things you ordered!, I will have to call the dealer to see what I am expecting on the 1st Sept!
I don't mind having the power upgrade but will be well and Truly peed off if I don't get the fancy headlights!!!...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the fact that there are at least two online businesses dedicated to selling just Bi-Xenon bulbs and parts, suggests that they are not as long-lasting as their reputation suggests. It's also worth noting that all the top marques seem to source their lighting components from the same suppliers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Those of us who where the first to order our cars had the best package deals.

IL is now chargeable likewise DAB.
It was an absolute steal. I remember the package ( Premium Plus ) was cheaper on the GLA than the A Class.
That's why I also ticked all the boxes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spoke to the dealer and it seems that my car is already there and to the original specification, so hopefully I will get the Bi- Xenon's with the original LED's and fibre optic eyebrows. 1 month to go! too delivery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts