Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my GLA 200cdi AMG and i know it comes with the wiring for the Beker Map Pilot which is £495 from Mercedes, i have been told you can get it else where for around £249. I have seen them on ebay and Amazon brand new, will these work and are they legit?
CheersMiles

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yes they should be fine, just make sure you get the latest model which has an 8gb drive, I've got a Becker in my car and while it's not the best satnav in the world it seems perfectly acceptable

·
Registered
0 Posts
I bought my Map Pilot from a reseller on ebay and it works fine. As some else said just make sure you get the current 8GB version
Stege

·
Registered
0 Posts
I also got mine through eBay. Cost me £270, was brand new still in wrapper. Works fine and came with a free 45 day map upgrade.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I must admit I didn't really trust the ones on ebay. Did you guys buy from a private seller or from a company? Mind sharing the link?
Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
350Mat said:
Damn didn't realise you could do that. I paid full price at Mercedes
Snap and now I have had this for over 3 months they want over £120 to upgrade the maps for a year :(

·
Registered
0 Posts
I haven't got a link but the username on ebay is coulson.2009. Delivery was quick and as i said it came with a 45 day free map upgrade. I also purchased the danger alerts software for £20 from Becker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was lucky enough to get this free as part of a package, the dealer told me though that I could have bought one via ebay for less, the only thing to check was the region as there's a lot of different versions for sale... some are region specific and that could be an issue if you get Romanian for the UK, etc... but I can advise that the system is great, easy to update via the wifi (linked to a laptop), plus it's fast and very intuitive... the only odd issue is that sometimes the system looses the link and won't start up, which is quickly resolved by wiggling the unit in the glove box... this seems to start it again so I think there's a slight loose connection...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Kris said:
I haven't got a link but the username on ebay is coulson.2009. Delivery was quick and as i said it came with a 45 day free map upgrade. I also purchased the danger alerts software for £20 from Becker.
Thank you, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey. I got mine from the dealership. Bit annoyed you can't register it on my Apple MacBook. Anyone else been able too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't even tried yet as I forgot... having too much fun driving the GLA... will have a go as we only have Apple so will try it across different platforms to see what happens...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts