Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just had my new GLA delivered last week but my Becker Map Pilot was missing . Mercedes have sent me one but when I have gone to do an update it says you can only update model MO77 or MO78. Mine is only a MO54. Can someone confirm which model of becker should come with a gla?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't answer your question, but if you're not happy with something concerning your new car, speak to your dealership about it - it's part of what you're paying for when you buy the car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mine wasnt in the car when we collected it late on a Friday and was locked in a safe. was told they removed them all when the cars were delivered to stop them being stolen (although not sure what the value would be as they are quite niche in the world of sat nav)
was the one you got in the packaging with the shrink wrap on it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a Becker with my car about 6 weeks ago, it was fitted in the car when I collected it and they gave me the box with the instructions and aUSB lead. It was,and still is,working fine. The box has a serial number starting M054 and another number starting A 166 (presumably a Mercedes number). It even has a 'best use before' date Q3/2016.After a few weeks, I connected it to my computer, to get the free update, I had a lot of difficulty getting my computer to recognise it and I'm not sure if it did a firmware update, it did copy a library onto the computer and reboot during the process, but it already had the latest maps. I don't think I'll bother trying again.The message may have referred toa firmware update which was not required on your unit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you it sounds like I have the right one just struggling to update , mine too had the use by date of 2016, have used it today and it seems to work ok , but just wanted to make sure the maps are up to date

·
Registered
12 Posts
Note that Macs do not connect to the Becker system too well, I've had a Becker system in place for over a year now and haven't been able to upgrade it due to the Mac issue (which I learned off their website). PC's should be okay though... the only other issue is that sometimes the system reboots itself at weird times, which I think is due to a connection fault, but it soon reboots and comes back on again...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Becker MAP PILOT Software 3.0.14 is the latest version for the M054 device and should be a free update from their website (Becker).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi tigger Have just checked the Becker in the car and the version is the latest 3.0.14 so guess it's no point in removing it from the car at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts