Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my GLA is going to be ready at some point mid June. I have gone for aGLA 200 CDIin Mountain Grey with the Premium Plus package. I have a couple of questions. Now I know the GLA will not come with Apple Car Play but Mercedes have said they will offer an aftermarket solution. Does anyone know if I must have the command online option to stand any chance of Apple Car Play working with my GLA in the future? Also if I select the command online option (I hope I still have time to add this) does it come with a bigger screen?I'm not bothered about any of the features command online offers but I am really bothered about Apple Car Play. I can't find much online so I know this might be a long shot, but any info would be greatly received.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I honestly am not sure about Apple Car Play yet but I too would be very interested in this feature. I hope someone who knows more about it than me will be along to help out soon!
Welcome to the forums by the way

·
Registered
0 Posts
@chuffy

I believe that the comand online screen is 7" as opposed to the standard screen which is 5.8" and also the resolution is not as high as that of the larger one.
With regards to the Apple play, I too have not had much luck in getting any concrete information, but what I did come across was that it should be available as a retrofit option. Besides I a enquirer about this option, and I was advised to stick with the media interface which gives you just as much connectivity, without the fancy graphics.

I do stand to be corrected on any of these points, but the amount of info I have digested whilst waiting for my new car, I'm quite confident that I am well enough informed in this.

Best of luck!

MeisterMan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Meisterman
thank you very much for your reply. It makes me feel better. When I spoke to the sales rep at merc he had never heard of Apple Car Play so it might be a little way off. I just hope Mercedes don't try and charge me a fortune to retrofit it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts