Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I ordered mine de badged but it arrived badged! So I decided to do it myself rather than trust the dealer (as I'm a sign maker so though I was probably more skilled at doing it than a mechanic!) if you want tips let me know

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ok Roytheboy here you go

I did it by getting a bit of card (soft but not too soft) to slide under one side then a hard bit of plastic to lever from the other side, the card then stops the letter cutting down into the paint, it may leave the tape behind but if you rub this with your thumb it will all come off nicely, keep rolling it over to remove little bit left behind, then I used an alcohol clear to take off the last bit of residue. Be very careful and take your time and don't get distracted, the main thing to watch is the card is in place so it doesn't touch the paint.

The salesman said they had a mechanic remove letters before (obviously with out my card trick!) and took big chunks out of the paint

Don't blame me if you mess it up!😜

·
Registered
0 Posts
No hair dryer! It's the same I tell everyone who wants to de sticker a can, if you use a hair dryer you are only making it easier for the vinyl and the glue to separate so yes the vinyl will come off slightly easier but it will probably leave all the glue behind! That said best not to do it if it's too cold as it will brittle it up a bit

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could put the same letters back in a different order... ALG 520 or GLA 520 ...now that would get people scratching their heads!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Now that's what I call imaginative, what about 5LAG 20 hmmm... Maybe not, especially if the 5 looked a bit 's' ee.....
Edited by: RobM

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sewing thread 10 inches long and double it put under letters and use sawing motion, clean with wd40 some adhesive will come away from rubbing using finger or cloth, wash area with car shampoo, dry area and use sealant or polish on the area... I have only so far remove the 4 matic badge...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts