Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if anyone has got one of the newer 2015 versions of the GLA that have a slightly higher ride height? If so any chance you could post some?

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
0 Posts
My 2015 GLA250 is coming with the 30mm raised suspension, but not until March-April (will post some pics for sure).
I did stick with the 18's and higher profile tyres for curb bashing (and less road noise), but this might upset the overall look making the wheels appear smaller (too small perhaps) with the higher stance.
Edited by: Pip

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 18" five-spokes are a good compromise of looks vs practicalities, in my opinion, and definitely don't look too small - they're still big wheels! The slightly retro design of the five-spokes suits the urban-off-roader style of the car, and the Continental tyres have enough of a sidewall bulge to protect the rims, even when kerbing the car during parking. I've taken my car through all sorts of terain and situations, and there is not one bit of rim damage yet. The ride is very comfortable, yet the car corners like its on rails like no other vehicle I have ever driven (racing karts excepted), and I don't hang around. Conclusion: speaking from experience, the 18's are a wise choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts