Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any GLA 200 petrol owners (will be from outside the UK as this model is only sold in continental Europe - there are members who are from outside the UK)... I'd like to know if you have a noisy engine? Any feedback would be really helpful... either as a written reply or even a sound bite of your engine running at normal speed...

·
Registered
0 Posts
They export the petrol versions to Asia and I am very happy with mine. Actually would prefer it over diesel, its quieter and performs really well

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've got diesel and yes, it clatters somewhat. Probably the French should be buying this version as, although ironically they subsidise diesel they have recently demonised it as Le Grande Polluter! But I do sometimes wish I had got the petrol version, not to keep them happy but because it is probably a whole lot quieter and smoother - or is it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise I'm trying to define is from the fuel injection unit at the top of the engine (just under the black cover)... it sounds like a ticking noise (like a metal pin being tapped against a steel plate)... I haven't found another 200 petrol yet to compare ad the dealers don't have any in stock as diesel is the preffered model due to cost savings... any info would be helpful...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Seems you have a bomb under the bonnet! Seriously though no such noise heard on mine and the quietness or smooth purr whilst cruising is an absolute delight

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have just ordered the GLA 200 petrol , manual
have not heard or driven it yet but am hoping will be better then the diesel which was a bit noisy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts