Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving to Germany now for over half a century in a variety of cars - first time in 1963 with a VW Beetle, split back-window. I've never bothered about winter tyres but have just been told that they are now a legal requirement, even for foreign registered cars. My GLA has R19 run-flat tyres. I have no idea whether these are all-year-tyres but I doubt it.

When the present tyres need replacing can I get all-year-tyres for my GLA (2015)? I think that the hassle of changing to winter tyres might make me think again about coming over in the winter. I'll check with my dealer when I get back to the UK but would appreciate comments via the forum.

Danke im voraus ... RTB

·
Registered
35 Posts
We run ours on Nokian all-weathers all year round. They are winter legal in Germany and no material difference in summer to standard tyres. If anything a bit quieter, unexpectedly!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
We run ours on Nokian all-weathers all year round. They are winter legal in Germany and no material difference in summer to standard tyres. If anything a bit quieter, unexpectedly!!
That does sound like something to consider then. So even in summer they seem to act fine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts