Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Was meant to get my replacement one for the 1st sept but now gone back to end of October, but not so bothered as it is being upgraded with the software updates and a few more toys !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my GLA 220 AMG with night and premium packs in Red on the 1st.
Really pleased, looks absolutely stunning, always wanted a red and black car. Love the headlights with the fibre optic eyebrows and rear light loops, they look fantastic when lit up.
Running it in at the moment so cannot really comment too much on how quick it is, keeping it in economy mode. Gearbox is lovely and smooth and changes seamlessly.
I agree with some of the negative views that the diesel engineis a little rough at take off but, quiets down once up to speed. It has took me a good week to get used to reversing due to poor rear visibility you definitely need the sensors and camera!!
on the whole though thrilled with the car, it's different, good looking, well made with not many on the road!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Poor reversing visibility - as much of a pain as it is - seems to be a normal feature of cars these days, probably due to the need to strengthen roof pillars and the passenger cell in general.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting used to it now, even though I have a whinge about reversing camera elsewhere I am just using that to reverse to the red line. I find the yellow lines confusing, tend to use my side mirrors for positioning the car then camera for making sure I am all the way back.
Still love the car though, starting to use the power a bit more now,I have done 700m and surprised how quick it can be of the line!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Each of the different colored lines serves a purpose, and all are explained in the manual. Having now seen another car's camera display, I think the GLA's is pretty fab :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I am honest I still find the old fashioned Use My Eyes!! method works best, I then rely on the sensors for checking if I am close to anything and the camera for reversing back all the way. I guess the Human \ Tech combo is probably the best way anyway!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked my 65 plate up earlier this week, GLA 200 AMG with Premium Pack and I'm loving it!! Previous car was a BMW 1 series 220d M Sport which when I got thought was class, but the GLA is step up!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts