Park assist parktronic - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Park assist parktronic

Hi All, I just became an owner of shiny GLA when I was choosing it I selected a version with park assist to make my wife life easier. However I tried to use it today but this doesn't work. Actually I not sure if this car have this function. It was advertised by car trader but when I asked about it he said that he not taking responsibility for content and in car description is saying this description might be different then actual.
I checked car around and it have a parking sensors around but when I parking nothing is happening no sound or light no arrow mark on dashboard.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 07:18 AM

Hi Zawix,

Park Assist and Parktronic are two different systems. If you have Parktronic with Park Assist your car will park itself once a suitable space has been found by the system.
Parktronic is simply the warning system that uses the sensors in your front and rear bumpers to warn you of objects within proximity of the car. The range varies but the front sensors should activate within 100cm but with the corners more like 60cm. I believe the rear is more like 120cm. The warning you should hear inside and see on the light array that is located on the centre of your dash behind your centre screen towards the windscreen. Lights start yellow with audible beeps and then red is also lit up with a constant sound as you get very close to something.

Hope that's helpful.

Last edited by Amgeez; 05-04-2020 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Spelling typo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page