First GLA - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

First GLA

Just taken delivery of my first GLA, previously had 3 C classes.

This is black, black 19” wheels and is a premium plus AMG petrol auto 200.

Just completed 1000 miles, creaks from the roof, dashboard and it fails to engage reverse 75% of the time. Still trying to find a comfortable seating position.

We needed something a bit easier to get in and out of so we went for this, very poorly prepared by MB in Milton Keynes, overall, I’m pretty unimpressed.

It’s OK for a jacked up hatchback but really wish I hadn’t bought it.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 03:45 PM

Creaks from the roof could mean the sunroof mechanism needs lubricating. I’m presupposing you’ve got one and that’s what’s causing the creaks! I bought mine from MB Eastbourne and one of the old and bold fitters picked up the problem. He said “they all do that if the lube has dried out”.

I eventually found it by a process of elimination by opening single windows and then eventually the sunroof. Not much fun in December last year!

If it gives you a pointer to start with then that’s a good thing.

You might not want to hear it but some years ago I had a C Class Estate and it was a proper Mercedes “slush-matic”. Wonderfully comfortable and lazy to drive. My GLA45 is rather more “eager...” but still gives me comfort and junk carrying ability. I’m sure if the dealership put it right you should be onto a winner 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page