Sat nav - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Sat nav

Hi does anyone know of anywhere other than Mercedes I can get an sd card for my new gla urban edition. The garage want to charge me 621, I just can not justify that. I’ve found one on amazon for 30 but unsure if it will work. Many thanks
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 10:45 AM

I bought mine off ebay and it works perfectly
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 AM

Surely that includes the Sat Nav app... even then it's extortionate!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 02:14 PM

Just an observation. I had this two and half years ago with my 2011 Audi (wash my mouth out) A4 S-Line Avant, the precursor to my GLA 45.

The Audi was missing its Sat Nav disk and the selling dealership agreed to supply me with one. They purchased one on eBay (for about 30) and we slotted it in the car. Nothing....

After a lot of investigation and phone calls (all which was as new to the supplying non Audi franchised dealer as it was to me) it transpired that the Audi would not only NOT read a copied disk (anti piracy software built in). But it needed a genuine Audi disk and two hours of Audi labour to reprogram the navigation system. I am still none the wiser how they did all that or why it took two hours to flash a disk or the like! I can tell you that it cost around about 300 all in of which the dealer I purchased it from coughed up the cost. Very decent of them, but only fair.

To be honest sky high prices dont surprise me, but if I were you Id try several dealerships just to be sure.

To end on a plus, ten years ago I first stepped into Mercedes ownership with a 2004 C180K estate. Three months into ownership some oik ripped the bonnet star from the front. I drove over to the local dealership and prepared to shed a lot of tears and cash. I said go on surprise me. They did - 25! They said would you like us to fit it? How much? I said. Free, Gratis.

For the next six years that dealership got all my trade. So there was a happy ending.

Good luck with your search.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Hi Katie. I have a 16 Reg GLA 220d and bought a replacement SD card from Amazon. In the product description, a procedure was given which involved removing the old SD card and switching on the Sat Nav. From the response, it was possible to determine whether the SD card would be compatible. I went through that easily and the SD card has worked perfectly well for around a year. I paid around 35 so well worth it and not too big a risk if, for any reason, it didn't work. The maps updated but so did the graphic system to the later menu style. Good luck !!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page