Gla45 - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Gla45

Hi everyone. Maybe collecting a black 2015 gla45 this weekend with the aero pack and 20” black wheels. Also has reverse cam, Harmon / Kardon and branded gearstick / Alcantara steering wheel. This will be my first AWD car, prev cars have been an M4 and W204 C63 amg. Can someone give me some pointers as to what I should look out for in the gla ( common issues / weak points)? Mileage is circa 34k - are these cars usually serviced every 12months / 1 year and do the gearbox fluids need to be changed? How’s reliability on the older cars? Thanks in advance..
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Also to add - is the ride Better than the a45/cla45 ?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:09 PM

Hi,
Not sure about the ride in the CLA45 but in the A45 its stiffer than the GLA45.
Overall love the GLA45, if I had to be picky I would say the Harman Kardon sound system, although probably the better choice to the standard set up, lacks mid range punch.
Car should be serviced annually with A and B alternating ( one usually more expensive than the other ).
Make sure you clean the Alcantara on the steering wheel as it might have gone to smooth leather like feel....its easily restored back to softness though.

Enjoy it...its a fantastic car that received a fair mount of early misunderstanding from some online reviewers due to it being quite unique but it def has its place!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page