GLA220D wheel stud shear/wheel loss - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

GLA220D wheel stud shear/wheel loss

Hi,
I have owned a GLA220D AMG Line from brand new (2014). I love the car... however.. since coming out of Warranty, I have experienced the front off side wheel studs shearing THREE times, twice resulting in total wheel loss!

Luckily all three were at relatively low speeds... once in a car park, once pulling away from lights and the other more serious one, doing about 25 to 30mph resulting in the car scraping to a halt in the middle of the road on the suspension, causing considerable damage to the wing and door. Again, luckily, none of the instances have involved other vehicles.

I have also witnessed a GLC220 on the hard shoulder with its front near side wheel off the car on the hard shoulder... and a gouge in the tarmac behind the car.

The last time my car was recovered, the recovery driver said I was not an isolated incident, he seen several GLA/GLC's with similar issues.... something backed up by talking to the insurance assessor.

Has anyone else on here had problems, or heard of anything?

As no one to claim off, I have lost my no claims bonus... through no fault of my own.

I'm also in a situation where friends and family don't feel safe in the car

Hope to hear some views

Regards

Paul

Cirrus White GLA220

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page