Two Beeps audible warning - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Two Beeps audible warning

Hi, New to forum, have recently bought a 2018 GLA 220d AMG line 4matic - love the car, but can anyone help me.
Every so often whilst driving I get two beeps, but nothing shows on the displays to indicate what it is. Thought it may be 'attention assist' but have switched that off.

Any ideas?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 04:44 PM

Wild idea! When mine (GLA 45 2018) beeped at me on the first few days of ownership I was as bemused as you were.

But a few hours with the book told me it was, in my case, the collision warning beeper linked in with the auto braking system. The idea being is that if you get too close, in the carís technical view, it warns you. First it flashes a red triangle in the speedo dial. If you get closer to the obstruction and donít take action it fires beeps at you.

The book says the car will intervene and take action ie brake heavily on your behalf. My guess is thatís whatís causing your beeps. Itís very safely orientated and you might not realise that (again in the carís viewpoint) the distance is unsafe. It also kicks in when the car ahead slows quickly and turns left or right.

If itís anything else it may be the ejector mode seat about to kick in early 😎😎😎
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response Phil.

Don't think its the Collision Warning, had that on motorway and seen the red triangle display. With these bleeps cant see any other warning, Still think its associated with attention assist, but thought that was after sometime driving, I've had beeps after approximately 30 mins, 90mins etc. Tried turning attention assist off again we'll see if that makes any difference.

Steve

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 12:22 PM

Hi Steve, I guess itís stopwatch time and the attention assyst system showing in the central display.

I thinks itís set on on mine but itís never beeped and in all honesty itís just a gimmick in my mind. Let me know when you find out what it is Iíd be intrigued to know.

Cheers, Phil

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page