Child Seat - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Child Seat

Hi

I have just purchased the GLA200 AMG Line petrol which is due for delivery on the 3rd of October, please would anyone be able to tell me if standard car seats fit onto the rear AMG sports seats ok? I currently own a Range Rover Evoque and I have had to remove the headrest in order to secure my Maxi Cosi Priori XP seat in but the AMG line seat headrests are not removable. Many thanks for all your help.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:13 AM
GLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joandjen View Post
Hi

I have just purchased the GLA200 AMG Line petrol which is due for delivery on the 3rd of October, please would anyone be able to tell me if standard car seats fit onto the rear AMG sports seats ok? I currently own a Range Rover Evoque and I have had to remove the headrest in order to secure my Maxi Cosi Priori XP seat in but the AMG line seat headrests are not removable. Many thanks for all your help.
Hi,

I also have a GLA200 petrol AMG delivered 2nd Sept, so few weeks old now,,,great car BTW.
we fitted our Maxi Cosi Axsis seat in the back with no issues ,not sure if that helps re your seat however I am pretty sure the rear head rests are removable its just the front that are not,,,,but I can confirm that when I look again
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Hi

Thank you for that info, just googled your seat and it looks as big as mine if not bigger so mine should be ok thank you. Glad you're liking the GLA200 petrol, I was a little unsure regarding the engine only being a 1.6 but it seemed a lot quicker than I was expecting when I drove the demonstrator. Just a week to go before I pick mine up I'm quite excited now I only ordered it a week ago but they managed to find a car that was in stock with everything I wanted plus a big discount on the list price so no complaints so far from me

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 AM
GLA

Garage
Yes it is a great little engine, 1.6 turbo is actually very nippy but smooth and also very quiet, a lot more so then the 200 diesel that we were originally looking at.
BTW I checked the rear seats and it is only the rear center head rest that is removable.
Yes my car seat is quite big but it fits in nicely I was also worried that my son would not be able to see out of the windows as the rear ones are suite small in the GLA but he has great visability, we also have the panoramic roof which is lovely
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that GLA, the dealer called me on Tuesday to say that it had actually been delivered early so I collected it yesterday and yes I too am very impressed with the engine, surprisingly it's much better than the 2.2 diesel that was in my Evoque. And yes I first tried the GLA200d and wasn't impressed at all. The car seat fits in fine too so that's great too, just got to get to grips with all the gadgets now not easy to do when driving tho especially as I'm used to the Evoques touch screen. Thanks again for the info on the car seat.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 06:55 AM
GLA

Garage
Your welcome joandjen, I still havnt had a chance to set the car up properly or personalize it at all there are a lot of settings to play with. do you still have the Evoke or have you replaced it with the GLA?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Yes I'm just perusing the owners manual whilst at work there's plenty to get stuck into! Altho a little disapointed at the lack of outside temp display but if that's all thats wrong with it that's not too bad. No I replaced the Evoque, it was a 3 door and I thought I could cope with that for the sporty look of it but it really was a 2 seater the space in the back was just too small and the electric seats meant it took 5 minutes for them to move forwards and backwards to get the little one in the back, no fun in the rain!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page