2016 Spec - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

2016 Spec

Hi,

Awaiting delivery of GLA 200 AMG Line in early Sept 2106.. ;-)

what is not clear is whether it has keyless start as standard or not. I know the model I looked at didn't but models delivered Post June/July appear to have a slightly up'd spec (Apple carplay etc).

a little dissapointed that DAB radio is an extra? and Nav at 500 I am hoping the Apple Carplay will allow me to use apple maps on the display?

any ideas?

Mattytop
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytop View Post
Hi,

Awaiting delivery of GLA 200 AMG Line in early Sept 2106.. ;-)

what is not clear is whether it has keyless start as standard or not. I know the model I looked at didn't but models delivered Post June/July appear to have a slightly up'd spec (Apple carplay etc).

a little dissapointed that DAB radio is an extra? and Nav at 500 I am hoping the Apple Carplay will allow me to use apple maps on the display?

any ideas?

Mattytop
Technically, the "updated" models are "2017".

Don't get too excited about the "push button start"; it's just a button that fits into the existing keyslot. You can actually remove it so that you can insert the key if you want.

I've taken delivery of a new vehicle (July 2016) and it has a larger display, "push to start", it has a more accessible usb/apple socket in the center armrest compartment. The menu system seems to have more functions than previously. There's not much I can say without giving away what I've replaced the stolen car with... I just did

Looks like DAB is an extra...

Not being an Apple user, I cannot comment on whether or not you can display maps on the display.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 04:26 AM
GLA

Garage
That's interesting to know,,

Keyless entry/start was only available on the premium plus if i remember correctly
I am awaiting delivery of my GLA due early Sept
I initially started looking at them in Feb/March time and back then they didn't do The 200 in petrol and Manual , which they do now.
I also ordered the night pack which now also includes the Hi gloss black 19" alloys which also used to be extra,
I wasn't aware of the other changes mentioned as i only physically looked at the car months ago and actually ordered the car over the phone/on line, so nice to read prv post

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Both
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 05:16 AM

DAB is annoying, it used to be standard and then they removed it.

It's standard on 6k city cars so really should be standard on this!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 05:45 AM
GLA

Garage
we had DAB in the car we have replaced with the GLA it was a Ford Fiesta Titanium plus,,,but TBH the DAB was crap and we never used it!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 05:52 AM
Ant

I am one of the lucky ones with DAB and I use it a lot. Still lots of blank spots around but generally works very well.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi all,

Picked up my new GLA 200 AMG Line yesterday and I'm in love. This is a very very nice car. Full review to come.

if I were to be picky (although I knew up front what to expect) I'd say DAB Radio and Parking Sensors 'should' be included at the base price, I got them 3 years ago on VW Tiguan Match. But like a say, I knew up front (well after posting here anyway).

Electronic Boot is great, but why don't they allow it to close with the key fob press too? Maybe it's a power thing? Anyone know?

other than that I'm loving it.

Not sure if I am meant to say it hear but if your looking for a Merc in North London/Northern Home counties Mercedes Benz of Stevenage (and particularly Simon) did a stella job.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 AM

How long did you wait from order to delivery?

Quote:
Hi all,

Picked up my new GLA 200 AMG Line yesterday and I'm in love. This is a very very nice car. Full review to come.

if I were to be picky (although I knew up front what to expect) I'd say DAB Radio and Parking Sensors 'should' be included at the base price, I got them 3 years ago on VW Tiguan Match. But like a say, I knew up front (well after posting here anyway).

Electronic Boot is great, but why don't they allow it to close with the key fob press too? Maybe it's a power thing? Anyone know?

Not sure if I am meant to say it hear but if your looking for a Merc in North London/Northern Home counties Mercedes Benz of Stevenage (and particularly Simon) did a stella job.

How long did it take to get it delivered ordered mine in June still waiting currently being told November (White, GLA 200D 4Matic, Premium Plus, Driver assistance pack and Command Line).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 06:16 AM
GLA

Garage
Quote:
Hi all,

HI,

I got mine delivered on the 2nd sept and like you tatally love this car!!
I have the GLA 200 (petrol) AMG with night pack and premium plus pack.
Loving the reverse camera , have not tried the DAB.
Pano roof is great love all the little touches like the illumination lights etc and AMG seats a lot more comfortable then expected.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page