Newbie, awaiting delivery! - Mercedes GLA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
GLA

Garage
Smile Newbie, awaiting delivery!

hi guys,

newbie here awaiting delivery of a GLA 200 AMG
Petrol, manual trans, premium plus in white with night pack added,,,,cant wait!!
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 05:13 AM

Welcome along, when did you order it and how long are you having to wait?

I had to wait ages for mine, seemed to take forever!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
GLA

Garage
Hi there,,

ordered it end of June been told to expect delivery early Sept, and yes cant wait its actually for the wife but im really looking forward to using it also.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 03:47 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA View Post
Hi there,,

ordered it end of June been told to expect delivery early Sept, and yes cant wait its actually for the wife but im really looking forward to using it also.

Ordered mine June 09th White, Premium plus, Driving assistance pack and Command on line was quoted end September now being quoted October sometime at the earliest. Seems like MB do not have enough parts to satisfy orders with extras.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
GLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddie000 View Post
Ordered mine June 09th White, Premium plus, Driving assistance pack and Command on line was quoted end September now being quoted October sometime at the earliest. Seems like MB do not have enough parts to satisfy orders with extras.
Yeh I think your right,
I have also ordered white AMG, premium plus with the night pack and driver assist,
on order they did say the extra's would add time to the order. still awaiting a confirmed date but at the moment its mid sept!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 08:11 AM

Hey guys - good stuff. Looks like we are in a similar boat. I was originally quoted a 5th October delivery date on mine (AMG with Premium package and Driver assistance package). Then realised i wanted COMAND online and emailed my dealer earlier today regarding this. I wonder what delay asking for COMAND online may cause. I'll let you guys know.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
GLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by right_mr View Post
Hey guys - good stuff. Looks like we are in a similar boat. I was originally quoted a 5th October delivery date on mine (AMG with Premium package and Driver assistance package). Then realised i wanted COMAND online and emailed my dealer earlier today regarding this. I wonder what delay asking for COMAND online may cause. I'll let you guys know.

That is interesting,, maybe I will get a call soon delaying my order!
I didn't go for the command on line, may I ask exactly what that is? maybe I should add it to the order

yes do let us know how your getting on
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Just been told my date has slipped to November so it will be 5 months from order to current estimated delivery date. The wait had better be worth it
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
GLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddie000 View Post
Just been told my date has slipped to November so it will be 5 months from order to current estimated delivery date. The wait had better be worth it
We got a call a few days back saying our car is ready and it would be delivered the following week,
but we have asked to delay it and have it delivered 2nd of Sept so as to have it as a 66 plate.

overall it will be approx. 3 month turnaround which is what we were told
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA View Post
That is interesting,, maybe I will get a call soon delaying my order!
I didn't go for the command on line, may I ask exactly what that is? maybe I should add it to the order

yes do let us know how your getting on

Thanks COMAND Online just gives the vehicle infotainment system online access to traffic updates for navigation (useful if you use the merc satnav function), some integration with google maps allowing you to select your route on google maps and send to the car nav system, and some basic web browsing (not very useful for me as i have a smartphone!), traffic sign recognition (to prevent you overspeeding etc - seems useful) and apple and possible android auto functionality etc. It also gives access to Mercedes me which is a feature that allows you to check up on the status of your car from an app. eg whether the doors are locked, where the GPS says it is etc and perform basic functions on the car. I think the COMAND online itself might be slightly overkill - you could get the Mercedes.Me feature for gbp150 without dropping a full gbp1000 for COMAND online and have access to the car from your phone, that seems more useful to me.

Overall I currently use Copilot on an android phone (gbp 20 one off and gbp10 per annum for live traffic) for satnav and this does also have traffic updates and speed limits so whenever i exceed the speed limit, the app warns me, and warns me when i am close to safety cameras etc. To be honest i wouldnt really miss COMAND online at all if i didnt have it. What is useful though is the mercedes me feature. if you can get that for the GBP150 and it doesnt delay the release of your car then it might be worth checking out.

So far i have had no updates that the vehicle build is behind schedule but if that is happening to other people beyond the 5th October date that i've been quoted, then it is likely that mine will be delayed, which would be a massive ball-ache .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page